Why Study Education at Juniata?
- At Juniata, you’re in the classroom more often and earlier than at most other colleges or universities. Starting in the freshman year, every teacher candidate begins the program with a major field experience.
- Field experiences continue throughout the four years and culminate with student teaching.
- 96% of recent grads are employed as educators or in grad school.
- We are accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer teacher certification in PreK-4th grade, Pre K-4 and Special Education K-8, and secondary English, social studies, German, French, Spanish, math, earth and space science, environmental education, biology, chemistry, physics and general science.
- Education courses help all students build a strong background in human development, special education and strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Education Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Juniata College Education Department is to prepare highly qualified educators and human service professionals who are committed to ethical leadership in the global community. Faculty and students value mutual support and the free and open exchange of thought. Through collaboration with local education agencies and families, the Department prepares competent professionals who are confident to face challenges, sensitive to diverse learners, skilled in the use of progressive technology and research-based practice, and dedicated to improving the quality of education for all.
Interested in Education?
- Juniata Students Showcase Research at Liberal Arts Symposium
- Former Chairman of Sheetz Inc. to Speak at Juniata
- Juniata Receives $100,000 Grant to Redefine Liberal Arts Curriculum