Why Study Education at Juniata?
Gina Piccolini '08, an elementary education and special education POE and basketball player, studied abroad in Athens, Greece.
- At Juniata, you’re in the classroom more often and earlier than at most other colleges or universities. Starting in the freshman year, every teacher candidate begins the program with a major field experience.
- Field experiences continue throughout the four years and culminate with student teaching.
- 96% of recent grads are employed as educators or in grad school.
- We are accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer teacher certification in PreK-4th grade, special education, and secondary English, social studies, German, French, Spanish, math, earth and space science, environmental education, biology, chemistry, physics and general science.
- Education courses help all students build a strong background in human development, special education and strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Interested in Education?
- Juniata Education Student Receives Fulbright Fellowship to Greece
- Research Highlights Liberal Arts Symposium Event
- Good Book: Juniata Included in 'Colleges That Change Lives' New Edition